Two decades ago, no one would have imagined that online shopping could be the best way to buy things. In the USA, 51% of all shopping activities are done online and experts predict that this rate will increase exponentially in the next couple of years. An online presence is essential when doing business or planning to start one. Today, customers search the web to shop online and, if you have a great search engine ranking and a catchy domain name, there is a chance for them to visit your online store and make a purchase. Therefore, it is necessary to build a website for goods and services with the right domain if you want to grow your business.
The domain name can either make your business successful or result in a complete online failure. The right domain benefits your business because:
- It adds credibility to your company and sets your business apart from all the competition online. Many companies have long, boring and complex names that nobody can relate to. Owning the right domain name changes how others perceive your company. Thus, own a domain that is easily remembered.
- It creates brand awareness. Many businesses spend thousands of dollars to create brand awareness, yet never succeed. A catchy domain name accomplishes that for a small sum of money. When people bookmark your business in their browser and share your site with others because your domain sounds awesome, you’ve become a brand that no marketing specialist can replicate. It is all because you’ve made the right decision by picking a superb domain name.
- It paints a picture of a modern & progressive organization. Always market your company as a progressive venture that’s forward-thinking and flexible. You can do it by choosing a modern domain name. A great name incorporates everything — modern, professional, reliable and trustworthy company.
- It boosts SEO rankings. Google can generate a lot of traffic if the content on your site is optimized. For some companies, Google is the key lead generator. When optimized using the right keyword or keywords, domain names give you an edge over online competitors. Many business ideas and products fail because no appropriate name with the required keyword was picked for their domain.
Diversity of domains
The internet offers you a choice of many domain extensions. The most valuable ones are those that end with “org” and “com”. Alternatively, there are other domain names that can be sponsored (.aero, .coop, .mobi, .museum and others), niche-restricted (.biz, .name and .pro can only be bought by companies and professionals) and region-restricted (.us, .co.uk, ch, .de and others). Some of them are easily accessible, but they are not as relevant as the premium domain names.
How to get an excellent domain name for your company
A strong domain name will pave the way to success for your business. There are so many domain names already registered, that all the generic and marketing-friendly names seem to be taken. But it does not mean you cannot find the ideal domain that an SEO specialist would recommend. Many wonder where they can find and buy premium domains for their business. In fact, you can choose from two scenarios.
- When the ideal domain is occupied and used by another company, buying it from that company is almost an impossible task. Even if you put a great deal of effort and break your bank by paying insane amounts, you still might not get it. Some people never budge even when large amounts of money are offered. Elon Musk went through a similar experience. He spent more than 9 years chasing the Tesla.com domain. Although Elon finally bought Tesla.com, it came at a humongous price — he had to pay around $11 million to get it! A crazy sum of money, but it was totally worth it.
- On the other hand, if the domain name you aim for is free for taking or owned by a domain seller, then you are in luck. Reliable premium domain name sellers are prepared to sell your desired domain for an affordable price. Not only that, but they can help you choose alternatives if the domain names are owned by people who request crazy amounts of money.
We hope that the information above has convinced you of the importance of owning a good domain name. For some businesses, the right domain name is a game-changer. An excellent domain makes your brand recognizable all over the web and produces excellent ranks within Google. This will result in increased revenue for your business.
Acquiring a wealth of experience in writing articles on trends and prospects for the development of the game industry in the world I’ve found myself as a Freelance Journalist. I am writing now about blockchain and cryptocurrencies trends, sometimes covering the importance of bitcoin for various other industries.